Alpha Youth Film Series is designed to engage students in conversations about life, faith and Jesus. Discussion time is interspersed throughout the short talks to make it simpler for them to share their thoughts and questions. It’s great for youth groups, and easy for students to run for their friends.
12 talks – 9 weeks / Jason Ballard and Ben Woodman
Through 12 episodes filmed in Vancouver, London, Paris and Jerusalem, the Alpha Youth Film Series explores timeless questions about life, faith and God for a new generation.
The series offers compelling stories, images, questions, and discussion topics well spread throughout each episode to better engage youth, helping them think about how these issues relate to their lives as they discuss with their friends and leaders.
Jason is a pastor in Vancouver, Canada and part of the team at Alpha that creates resources for local churches around the world. Jason and Rachael have three kids, Hudson, Mary and Millie. Find out more on Instagram @jasonaballard and at www.jasonballard.ca
Ben and his wife Melissa live in Vancouver, Canada where, before joining Alpha, he was a youth pastor for 10 years. He is a huge fan of Bear Grylls, Bob Goff, and Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven from Stranger Things). One of the themes to his life and teaching is how God loves to use ordinary, imperfect people to do extraordinary things. Find out more on Instagram @benwoodman
Preview the episodes
- Life: Is This It? 3:30 min (18:52 min)
- Jesus: Who is Jesus? 3:30 min (21:55 min)
- Cross: Why Did Jesus Die? 3:30 min (19:20 min)
- Faith: How Can We Have Faith? 3:30 min (19:02 min)
- Prayer: Why and How Should I Pray? 3:30 min (18:40 min)
- Bible: Why and How Do I Read the Bible? 3:30 min (19:58 min)
- Follow: How Does God Guide Us? 3:30 min (15:38 min)
- Spirit: Who Is He and What Does He Do? 3:30 min (21:13 min)
- Fill: How Can I Be Filled with the Holy Spirit? 3:30 min (14:15 min)
- Evil: How Can I Resist Evil? 3:30 min (20:11 min)
- Healing: Does God Heal Today? 3:30 min (22:59 min)
- Church: What About the Church and Telling Others? 3:30 min (23:29 min)